[mythtv-users] New Myth Network Remote Control App for Mac OS X

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 04:12:54 UTC 2007

On 3/8/07, Brock Palen <brockp at michiganlivestock.com> wrote:
> wow,  this is a great app,  thanks :-)
>
> have you thought about making a widget for dashboard?  That would be
> nice.
> Thanks again for making such a great app.

Thanks for the feedback.

I haven't messed with widgets much, but as I understand them, they are
more akin to a www page than a full application.  They are javascript
based, and limited in functionality. So, I don't think it would be
able to open a raw TCP socket to the myth frontend.

But, it would probably be feasible with a server on the myth frontend
which could receive the http requests from the widget, interpret them,
then make the appropriate request to mythtv.    The iPhone may allow
installation of widgets.. if so, I'll probably give it a try unless
someone beats me to it.