[mythtv-users] Slightly OT? MPEG-2 Encoding Quality

Carl Reynolds mythtv-users at hyperbole-software.com
Fri Mar 9 17:18:43 UTC 2007

Greg Kettmann wrote:

> <snip... >
>
> One of the side functions of the MythTV box will be to take my old tapes
> (family / camcorder stuff) and convert them to DVD.
 > <snip... >

I haven't done any comparisons of various hardware components for a
couple of years, so take this comment for what it's worth...

AverMedia had a card with an input for tape players that would do Time
Base Correction as it read the video stream. If you are planning to
record any amount of video tape, you probably want to consider an option
like that.

Carl.