[mythtv-users] Gig Network

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 17:24:27 UTC 2007

> <snip>

I have 5 or 6 D-Link DGE-530T cards, they are well supported in Linux,
> and specifically KnoppMyth, using the sk98lin driver. They are $25 in
> Canada. I also have 2 x 5 port D-Link Gig switches, and 1 x 8 port
> Linksys Gig switch (I know, not optimal), I think the 5 ports are around
> $50.

can i ask why not optimal?
 (i'll prolly just need 1 5 port switch (internet or firewall been thinking
of making my raid server a firewall also), mythtv box, gaming box, and a
port for the wireless hub i have.

You will definitely see an increase just by plopping the cards in and
> using the switch, you don't necessarily have to up the MTU. I tried, and
> it sort of worked, but not really, so I put it back.
>
> HTH
> Tom

Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell