[mythtv-users] Slightly OT? MPEG-2 Encoding Quality

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 22:25:17 UTC 2007

> I should have got the PVR-500 because it has 2 encoders on 1 card.
> It is essentially 2 pvr-150s.  I could record 2 shows at the same time.
>
> I suggest the 150 or the 500.

I'd avoid the 500 right now.  The current model uses Samsung tuners which
are proving very difficult to get working with any level of reliability (it
appears they're very sensitive to signal strength).  If you've got the spare
slots, you're much better off, right now, to just grab a pair of 150s.

Brett.