[mythtv-users] Different Users

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 01:17:11 UTC 2007

On 10/03/07, umut d. <udemirhan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/10/07, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10/03/07, umut d. <udemirhan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I have a Myth server and 2 myth clients, say A and B.
> > > I am using both of them but recorded programs in client A cannot be
> watched
> > > in client B.
> > >
> > > I checked database and found recgroup field different.
> >
> > When you say "cannot be watched" do you mean that you can see all
> > recordings on all clients' recorded programs listings and cannot play
> > them, or that you cannot see all shows on all clients, even having
> > chosen their respective recording groups?
> >
> > The former indicates a network/permissions issue, whilst the latter
> > indicates you may be filtering out some shows in the Recorded Programs
> > list.
> >

> Two clients show different recordings. There is no problem with networking I
> guess. How should I set recording groups?

Recording groups are set for recording schedules either when the
schedules are created, or retrospectively. You can filter the Recorded
Programs listings by bringing up the (M)enu, then choosing another
filter (or Default to list all recordings). Each frontend can also
have a default filter set, and can remember the last used filter when
you leave the Recorded Programs listing.

I would check to see whether your frontends are filtering different
recording groups.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: