[mythtv-users] Wiki Search: is it me?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 10:31:01 UTC 2007

> I don't always get hits using the wiki search.
> For example when I search for "STB" I'd expect to get the page [amongst others]
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Connecting_Tuner_Card_To_Cable_Sat
> but I get nothing. What am I doing wrong?

The search string is too short you need at least 4 characters long I
think.  The same happens when searching for RGB it returns no matches
but if you search for SCART instead, the RGB page is listed.  It is a
pity a warning is not displayed that the search criteria is not long
enough  so a search has not been carried out.  I guess it would not
help unless you know what other words may be on the page where STB is
also to find the page you want anyway but at least you would know
there may be information but the search has been limited so it will
not find it.