[mythtv-users] Modelines - again.... SOLVED

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Mar 11 16:32:23 UTC 2007

Steven Adeff napsal(a):
> On 3/11/07, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
>
>> Yan Seiner napsal(a):

>>> No joy:
>>>

>> HA!
>>
>> The !@#$%^ nvidia driver will not allow you to use a custom modeline
>> with the same name as one of its own....
>>
>> So if you use a different name, it will take it happily....
>>
>> In other words, a custom modeline with the name "1280x720" will not be
>> recognized, as it matches nVidia's own internal name.
>>
>> But a modeline of "1080x680" will work since it has a different name....
>>
>> --Yan
>>

> please don't break threads, it makes it difficult for people searching
> the list to find your resolution.

I didn't think I did....  At least I replied to myself.  Maybe IceDove
messed up the threading?  A change of subject shouldn't break threading....

> you can also disable the nvidia custom modelines with the
> ModeValidation option. or use what I send in response to the original
> thread.

I am using the 9755 driver.  I've tried to disable the nvidia modes with
the "NoPredefinedModes"; now I see I didn't have the syntax right...

I'll play with it some more; for now I think I can get rid of the
overscan.  I'll try to summerize this for the wiki in a few days when/if
I get it figured out.

--Yan