[mythtv-users] Mythweb and IE

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Sun Mar 11 22:40:23 UTC 2007

Martin Turner wrote:
> Hi once again MythList.
>
> My Mythweb has started playing up (so much for me only having some minor
> problems to fix), but only in IE. I have only just started to notice this as
> I dont use IE myself, but whenever IE attempts to view anything in mythweb
> it seems to get about 80% of the page loaded then clears the screen and
> requests the page again. It gets stuck in an endless loop until I hit stop.
> I have no idea whats going on. My apache logs show that IE is actualy
> requesting the page over and over and Firefox doesnt do this. I've tested on
> multiple machines from several locations (inside and outside my network) and
> it only seems to be IE that is doing this. I havent had a chance to test
> with IE7 as no one I know is game enough to install it.
>
> I have no idea when this actualy happened, but it wasnt doing it a month ago
> when my wife tried from her work and mythweb on gentoo hasnt updated for
> quite some time (I dont think its updated this year).
>
> I have absolutly no idea where to start looking for answers let alone whats
> wrong...
>
> I'm running on gentoo and have mythtv-0.2_p12963 and mythweb-0.2_p11671
> installed (the latest for both).

I've noticed this too.  I assumed it was something network related as I
was trying to access mythweb from work.  However I've just tried using
IE form home and it doesn't work from there either (Firefox works just
fine).

I'm also running Gentoo with mythweb-0.20_p11671 but mythtv-0.20_p12599
and I'm pretty sure I've not updated either of them recently.   I did
notice the other day that emerge work caused PHP to be updated (and
phpmyadmin seems to have broken) so I wonder if it is related to that in
someway.

If I run 'wget http://localhost/mythweb/' from my linux machine, the
response ends with

<b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to a member function query() on a non-object
in <b>/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/includes/session.php</b> on line

I.e. and error _after_ the closing html tag.  Yet I don't see this if I
do view-source in Firefox.

Looking in session.php, line 60, it's doing something about saving or

I don't really see how it still works in Firefox though  ( I guess
Firefox is just better ;)  )

Anyone have any more ideas?

Robert.