[mythtv-users] My MySql hell :-)

Jean-Marc Melchior luxballer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 00:10:47 UTC 2007

the problem is, that Mythtv creates a text file with a random
password mysql besides the password you setup in mythtv-setup, I
don't remember exactly where it is located but its name is mysql.txt,
i think it is /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt if you edit that file and change
the password to your actual Mysql password then it should work...
the edgy installation sets the password to mythtv, so usually you
just change user and password to mythtv, do the same mythtv-setup and
it should work

JMM