[mythtv-users] chromakey osd stopped working after X upgrade

Nick Bartos spam1002 at 2thebatcave.com
Mon Mar 12 01:07:43 UTC 2007

I just upgraded from ubuntu dapper 6.06 to edgey 6.10.  Since the upgrade
my chromakey osd doesn't work anymore.  I have recompiled pretty much
everything I compiled manually (custom 2.6.20.2 kernel, ivtv, lirc, nvidia
driver, mythtv, xine, ...).

The card is an nvidia geforce MX 420.  I can get it working if I use the
older nvidia 7184 drivers, but if I use those drivers then mythfrontend
crashes every time I exit from live tv.  Before the upgrade I was running
8776 just fine with chromakey, but now no matter what I do I can't get it
to work with the 8xxx series nvidia drivers.  I suppose I wouldn't mind
using the older drivers if I could get them to be stable.

It seems the root of the problem is that XV_COLORKEY doesn't come up using
xvinfo when I use the 8xxx drivers, but it does with the 7xxx ones.

Any ideas?  I can understand why chromakey might not work with certain
versions of nvidia drivers, but I don't see why I can't get the same ones
to work when using a newer version of X.