[mythtv-users] Shutdown problems (slightly OT)

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Mar 12 20:16:29 UTC 2007

At 11:37 AM +0000 3/12/07, Oliver Brown wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Whenever I shutdown (or restart) my MythTV box it goes through
>stopping all the processes and then gets to "Saving mixer settings"
>and just waits... Any ideas?

When the machine is running normally, try this:

   /etc/init.d/alsa stop

Does it still hang? If so, press Control-Z and try to figure out what
part of alsa is hanging by using "ps".

I ran into this myself some time ago, but haven't seen it in a long
time. The reason for this is probably that that I have upgraded alsa.