[mythtv-users] MythArchive Guide - Burning TV Programs to DVD

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Mar 12 22:18:15 UTC 2007

On 12-Mar-07, at 3:07 PM, Paul Harrison wrote:

> George Nassas wrote:
>> On 10-Mar-07, at 12:12 AM, Phil Tanguay wrote:
>>> I've given some thought on  making a  "1 click" solution to
>>> archiving to disk - it would be nice to  be able to do it right
>>> from the "View Recordings" screen without having to go thru several
>> I'd also like to see something along these lines. My thought would be
>> to add something to the playlist menu like "Burn to DVD" which would
> Yep. I can sort of see how that would work.
> One important thing is that not everyone has MythArchive  installed so
> there should be some sort of check to see if it is available and only
> show the archive options if required.

My thought is to add a static method to the frontend's PlaybackBox
class where plugins can register button callbacks to be added after
everything else in PlaybackBox::showPlaylistPopup. Mytharchive can
call that during its init. Not sure if the class is visible from a
plugin but something that would be the ideal approach.

The callback itself would instantiate a MythburnWizard and call a new
method which would effect the first N-1 screens and leave the user at
the last one. Lazy people can just click Finish and others have the
option of backtracking to touch up things.

Comparing MythburnWizard::createConfigFile and loadConfiguration it
looks like most of the required settings are saved to the DB so we
could just take the approach that this 1 click DVD just reuses the
settings used for the last burn.

Two settings which aren't saved to the DB are mediatype and dvdrsize.
Would it be OK to add these to save/loadConfiguration?

Anyway, based on my quick looksee this seems like something I can
knock out in an afternoon. I'm out of town right now but have time
when I return. Within a week I should have something ready to submit
to trac.

- George