[mythtv-users] Games

Marc Alban malban at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 13 01:58:12 UTC 2007

Yan Seiner wrote:
> I've tried to set up the pc game player a couple of times, and while I
> can configure the player correctly (i.e. it shows up in the config /
> setup stuff) it is not there when I scan for new games nor when I go to
> play games.
>
> There has to be a setting somewhere that I am missing...
>
> I am running 0.20-fixes.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Yan

I'm looking at the SVN source and it looks to me like there are some
typos in the PC game scanning code:

    if (handler->GameType() == "PC")
    {
        thequery = QString("INSERT INTO gamemetadata "
                           "(system, romname, gamename, genre, year,
gametype, country, "
                           "diskcount, display, publisher, version) "
                           "VALUES ('%1', '%2', '%3', 'UnknownPC',
'19xx' , '%4', "
                           "'Unknown',1,1,'Unknown', '0');")
                           .arg(handler->SystemName())
                           .arg(handler->SystemName())
                           .arg(handler->SystemName())
                           .arg(handler->GameType());

1 - It looks to me like %2 should be the script name, not the name of
the game player which would just be "PC-GAMES".  This would be the main
problem.
2 - It looks like %3 should be "PC" not the name of the game player

I'll ask the dev list if this seems reasonable.

Marc