[mythtv-users] ivtv doesn't seem to register with KWorld Terminator

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 07:33:52 UTC 2007

On 13/03/07, Angus <sylvania at istop.com> wrote:
> Nick Morrott wrote:
> > On 13/03/07, Angus <sylvania at istop.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I think the problem starts with ivtv, following the directions on
> >>

> > Using the wrong driver will not make hardware magically work :)
> >

>     That's very true, but if you'll look at my post again, you'll see
> that it has nothing to do with not making the hardware work, but making
> it work.

Sorry, perhaps I misunderstood. Why are you loading ivtv and checking
its syslog output? Do you have another card that is supported by ivtv
that is not being detected? Your Terminator card is *not* supported by
ivtv.

You also seem to be running a 586 kernel - what CPU are you running?

There are more instructions on getting 7134-based capture cards
working here: http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Generic_SAA7134_Card_Installation.
Note you may need to tweak the tuner option for the saa7134 module and
enable the i2c scan per the link.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: