[mythtv-users] [UK] Missing xmltvids

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 19:21:39 UTC 2007

On 13/03/07, David Campbell <dave at cpfc.org> wrote:
> Robin Neatherway wrote:
> >> I deleted my video sources and set up again using the Transmitted Guide
> >> only then imported channels.conf but now I not only get no lising but no
> >> TV.  the error says 'MythTV is alreading using all inputs.'
> >>
> >> stdout says 'trying to change channels from none to none'
> >
> > You can't use channels.conf with EIT data. There is not enough
> > information present in that file, you need to do a Myth scan (which
> > works well for UK DVB-T these days).
>
> Which brings the thread full circle.
>
> I had pretty random results when doing a full scan and inputting the
> details of Crystal Palace transmitter - using a channels.conf import
> gave me all the channels but EPG data was missing.

Please, no face-pulling when you read the next paragraph :)

Please try importing your channels from your channels.conf, then
deleting the channels, then rescanning for channels in MythTV. This
procedure should configure the DVB multiplexes on the first pass, then
clear out the channels which are not fully configured for EIT, and
then add the newly scanned channels with the information required for
EIT.

Alternatively, you could try scanning for channels after having
deleted your old video sources/channels. This should pull everythin in
at the first attempt without requiring the use of the channels.conf
file.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: