[mythtv-users] MacOSX frontend & 1080i

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 23:36:59 UTC 2007

On 3/13/07, Andrew Kimpton <awk at awkward.org> wrote:
> Quoting Todd Ignasiak <ignasiak at gmail.com>:
>
> > On 3/13/07, Andrew Gallatin <gallatin at cs.duke.edu> wrote:
>
> > Also, I doubt the LCD is being run at 150Hz, where does Myth show
> > that?   I think LCDs are set to 60Hz by default, although it's hard to
> > tell for sure.   I installed SwitchResX control panel & output the DDC
> > data for the display, and it showed it was running 1440x900 @ 60Hz.
>
> It's a very long time since I looked at it - but there is code in
> Myth's videoout 'portions' which attempts to get the refresh rate for
> the display but when that fails (there is no refresh rate for a
> digitally connected LCD Panel) defaults to 60Hz. If I recall there is
> a second place where this reported value is then multiplied by a
> constant (I thought 4 - but that doesn't make sense given the reported
> value of 150Hz).
>
> Some of this may be different if you're using the CoreVideo output
> mechanism which I wrote some months ago but I don't think was ever
> committed - is it possible that Andrew G & Todd are not running the
> same videout device (CoreVideo vs. 'standard'). The reported refresh
> rates may be different between these two approaches (see para. 1 above).

Hi Andrew,

I am using the standard code for this testing (latest SVN snapshot,
built via the osx-packager.pl script).   I tried your Core Video patch
shortly after you submitted it, and it worked great for the most part.
    I just had an issue with some "tearing" in the video output, so I
ended up going back to the standard quartz vo module.

Also -- I am using the AC3 passthrough, based on your patch, and that
works great.  DD5.1 audio from broadcast HD, and DVDs via the internal
player.