[mythtv-users] 20-Watt Via EPIA ME6000 Frontend

Bob spam at homeurl.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 01:13:33 UTC 2007

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Bob wrote:
>
>> Does it's MPEG playback assistance help with H.264?
>>
> I have pretty much the same setup, same motherboard, and I find Xvid
> playback at SD just fine.  Occasionally a panning shot will stutter very
> slightly.

I have a couple of fanless P!!! 667s which are used for playing SD video
at the moment, though none are FEs ATM as I'm between BEs, but they play
Xvid video (DVD source) using mplayer upscaling to 1024x768 (projector)
and 1360x768 (Sharp LCD TV) beautifully using Radeon 9000s outputting to
DVI, with plenty of headroom
vo = xv
monitorpixelaspect = 1
autoq = 95
vop =  pp

>> Is it capable of 1080p at 60 H.264 output over DVI?
>>
> I seriously doubt it.  What I've read seems to suggest SD is as good as
> it gets.  I think you need some better hardware for any higher
> resolution.

Also since posting I read
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=HardwareCaveats
which seems to suggest that at the moment H.264 1080p at 60 is not possible
with any of the chipsets though it's on the way with
Unichrome Pro group A (CN400, PM800, PN800, PM880) based products.