[mythtv-users] Backend freezing

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Wed Mar 14 01:47:12 UTC 2007

Morgan McBee wrote:
> I've been running my Mythbox for a few months with absolutely no
> problems until a few weeks ago. Everything will work fine for a while,
> and then after some amount of time (I haven't timed how long exactly,
> but it's less than a day), the backend will just stop responding (I
> can telnet into the backend ports but get no response). Can anyone at
> least point me in the right direction?
>
> By the way, I'm running Slackware 10.2 on kernel 2.6.17.13
> <http://2.6.17.13> with a PVR-150 and ivtv 0.7.0.

I would suggest either running mythbackend in a terminal window until
the lock-up happens and maybe the output will give you a hint (maybe it
tries to delete expired programs and locks up the box) or you could send
the output to a text file "mythbackend >> /var/logs/myth_errors" and see
if that captures anything funky.

It seems that someone always has a response 10x better then mine so I
wouldn't take my advice for granted, wait a few hours/minutes and you'll
probably get a better response. ;-)

--
Josh