[mythtv-users] ivtv doesn't seem to register with KWorld Terminator

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Wed Mar 14 02:13:39 UTC 2007

On 3/14/07, Angus <sylvania at istop.com> wrote:
> > You can test the card with a TV program such a tvtime to see if the
> > card actually works.
> >

>    Uh... ok, I thought that MythTV *was* a TV program. There seems to
> be a lot of very confusing overlap of terms in this genre. Too many
> different things share terms.

MythTV is a PVR and media application.  Part of that is recording TV,
but not (really) playing it live from the card.  Even "live tv" is
buffered and played through the normal mythtv recording system.

TVTime is a PURE "read from video source" tv program.  It does nothing
else, and is a good "isolation test."  Think of it as wget, and mythtv
as firefox.