[mythtv-users] 20-Watt Via EPIA ME6000 Frontend

Bob spam at homeurl.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 07:38:48 UTC 2007

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Bob wrote:
>

>> Also since posting I read
>> http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=HardwareCaveaMC
>> which seems to suggest that at the moment H.264 1080p at 60 is not possible
>> with any of the chipsets though it's on the way with
>> Unichrome Pro group A (CN400, PM800, PN800, PM880) based products.
>>

> Yeah I thought it wouldn't work either.  The ME6000 is only a 600MHz
> CPU, but it works fine.  I was fully expecting to have to convert any
> Xvid, DivX etc to MPEG2 but, pleasantly, I don't have to.

Yes, that would be dull, I suspect we're going to see more of that going
on as broadcasters start putting out more H.264 over DVB-x people with
marginal front ends that support XvMC (doesn't help with MPEG4) will
have to transcode down to MPEG2 before watching.

Fingers crossed Dave Airlied will one day give us XvMC for Radeons
though he seems to have given up on that, guess he way buzzy with
nouveau and other stuff.