[mythtv-users] DVB-T Recording Errors

Ian Newby ian at codex.org.uk
Wed Mar 14 09:42:09 UTC 2007

Hi Folks,
I am using a Novat-T 500 to record DVB-T from a relatively weak signal
(48-50%).

Sometimes, I get the case where the recording seems about the right size
in Mb, but the recording ends early, ie I recorded a one hour show, it
took 1gb of disk, but MythTv stopped the playback after 7 minutes.

Also, sometimes when I try and remove commercials, it fails with an
error, but the recording can be watched without a problem.

I believe these problems are due to corruption in the DVB stream. Are
there any utilities which can be applied to a corrupt DVB-T file to
remove the corruption?

Regards
Ian Newby.