[mythtv-users] MythTV with Linutop

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Wed Mar 14 13:09:44 UTC 2007

Ben Lancaster wrote:
> Does anybody know if the Linutop (http://www.linutop.com/) is capable
> as serving as remote frontend? Done some googling but haven't come
> accross anyone who's actually tried it.

It's an AMD Geode powered box with 256M Ram and 512M Flash.  I can't
find what speed the CPU runs at, but looking at AMD's site seems to
indicate the fastest Geode processor runs only at 1.4Ghz, which won't do
HD.  SD might work.  I doubt you'd get MythTV into the 512M of flash,
but presumably you could use a USB drive to hold Myth.

http://www.linutop.com/wiki/index.php/LinutopV1

(Translated)
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=fr_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linutop.com%2Fwiki%2Findex.php%2FLinutop_FAQ%2Ffr

(Translated and TinyURL'ed) http://tinyurl.com/3xc3fn

Jeff.

--
I haven't smoked for 6 months, 3 weeks and 4 days,
saving $942.34 and not smoking 6,282.29 cigarettes.