[mythtv-users] For whom the bell tolls [RM for DVB aka CPCM]

Peter Bowyer peter at bowyer.org
Wed Mar 14 17:09:15 UTC 2007

On 14/03/07, Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com> wrote:
> Peter Bowyer wrote:
> > Make sure you read about all of the EFF's activities before you send
> > them money. In particular, check out what they say and do about spam.
>
> Drifting off topic here, but I'm not sure what the point of the above
> comment is here in relation to the original comment about DRM and its
> impact on mythtv.

The point is that before contributing to a campaigning organisation,
it's worth checking that you agree with all (or at least enough) of
their activities. I personally don't agree with their attitude to spam
prevention, so I'd find it difficult to justify supporting them in
their entirity.

I was asked earlier in the thread for sources - Google works well,
EFF+spam is a good search term. I'll elaborate when I've got a bit
more time.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer