[mythtv-users] Where are those new 1TB drives?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Mar 14 21:25:13 UTC 2007

jedi at mishnet.org <jedi at mishnet.org> says:
> > Yeechang, whose three home RAID 5/6 arrays all use IDE and SATA drives
>
> Yes, the operative word here being HOME.

Did you not bother to read the message I pointed to? It was posted
here just a few weeks ago, and in turn points to a well-publicized
study by Carnegie-Mellon using data from several supercomputer labs
around the country that says, among other things, says that there's no
in-field difference between SATA and SCSI drives'
lifetimes. Admittedly, I'd probably use SATA drives to my many
terabytes of MythTV recordings even if the study had said there really
was a difference as my reliability/cost equation is different from a
commercial entity, but that has nothing to do with the merits of the
study (which, again, you clearly didn't bother looking at, instead
homing in on an irrelevant personal aside of mine).