[mythtv-users] DVB-T Recording Errors

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 22:46:18 UTC 2007

On 14/03/07, Ian Newby <ian at codex.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I am using a Novat-T 500 to record DVB-T from a relatively weak signal
> (48-50%).
>
> Sometimes, I get the case where the recording seems about the right size
> in Mb, but the recording ends early, ie I recorded a one hour show, it
> took 1gb of disk, but MythTv stopped the playback after 7 minutes.

If the decoder fails irrecoverably, playback can just stop, even if
there is good video elsewhere in the recording.

> Also, sometimes when I try and remove commercials, it fails with an
> error, but the recording can be watched without a problem.
>
> I believe these problems are due to corruption in the DVB stream. Are
> there any utilities which can be applied to a corrupt DVB-T file to
> remove the corruption?

I would use ProjectX to try and fixup the recordings as best it can,
but the only real solution is improved signal strength to avoid the
corruption in the signal.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: