[mythtv-users] getting video to appear within Video Manager

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Mar 15 05:20:53 UTC 2007

> I have configured a directory for MythVideo within Setup -> Media
> Settings -> Video Settings -> General Settings within my frontend, and
> moved some AVI and MPG movies into this directory (this directory exists
> on my backend).
>
> What do I have to do to get these movies to appear within the Video
> Manager and under Media Library -> Watch Video?

Basically, go to Options/Setup > Video Manager.  Assuming you've got mythvideo
configured properly, this should scan the directory and put entries in the
database for your movies.  While you're there, though, you might as well visit
each file and do an IMDB lookup on it, to get set up the metadata for it,
including the cover art.

Visit http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythVideo for more info.

--
Peter Schachte              A knife is neither right nor wrong, but he who
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        holds it by the blade is surely in error.