[mythtv-users] QAM vs. Firewire

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 01:31:50 UTC 2007

On 3/15/07, jmk <jmk at foofus.net> wrote:

> *Hybrid firewire/analog capture. Having two connections to the STB
> (s-video and firewire) and having Myth being able to intelligently
> choose which to use seems to me to be the ideal solution. I found some
> discussion of this here:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/182867

I am also interested in "input groups" as defined in the above thread.  I
have 2 SA 3250HD STB's with the S-video's connected to a PVR-500.  I also
have each STB connected via Firewire.  I planned to only capture the clear
HD channels via firewire and the rest via S-video.  Has any progress been
made on input groups?  The firewire "port" on the motherboard is not viewed
by Mythtv as part of the PVR-500 card, so it thinks they're separate.  In
actuality with my setup, they need to be mutually exclusive.

Thanks for any help with this.

/Brian/