[mythtv-users] NVP: prebuffering pause -- what does it mean, really?

Michael Wisniewski wiz561 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 15:08:42 UTC 2007

> If "mostly happens when a show changes", from what I've read on the
> dev list in my research you might want try putting the mysql database
> on a different disk.  It seems the scheduler query is quite intensive,

That's an interesting / logical solution.  I've frequently seen those
pre-buffering pauses as well and could never track it down.  I have a
dual core amd64 box and it barely ever gets hotter than 120 F.  I also
have seen those only on my HD tuner, but they go away after a few
minutes of watching the show.

I've thought about having my one IDE drive run linux, while my other
SATA drive just stores live tv and shows.  I haven't done this yet
because I just use my IDE to backup files...but I think the next time
I upgrade, I'm going to install linux on the one drive and keep the
other one just for data.