[mythtv-users] PC configuration

Jason umproko5 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 21:37:16 UTC 2007

Currently have (and wnat to build a Mythtv box - client & server in one):
1133 MHz P3
500 MB memory
GeForce 2 GTS (deluxe) Graphic Card
100 Gig Hard drive

I am getting the feeling that I shouldn't go with a PVR-350.

Thinking of purchasing one of the following video cards:
- XFX GeForce FX 5200 128MB 64-BIT DDR AGP8X VGA Video Card
<http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=18524&vpn=PVT34KNTHG&manufacture=XFX>
- PNY GeForce 6200 350MHZ 128MB 64BIT 500MHZ DDR AGP8X VGA DVI-I HDTV
TV-OUT Video Card
<http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=17459&vpn=VCG62128APB&manufacture=PNY%20Technologies%20Inc>
- EVGA E-GEFORCE FX 5500 270MHZ 256MB 128BIT 400MHZ DDR AGP VGA DVI-I
TV-OUT Video Card
<http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=17285&vpn=256-A8-N313-LX&manufacture=eVGA>
- ***ASUS N6200/TD/128 GeForce 6200 AGP 128MB DDR VGA DVI TV-OUT Video
Card <http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=15249&vpn=N6200/TD/128&manufacture=ASUS>
(component out makes my life easier)***
I am limited to Canadian Retailers and I don't want to spend more than
100 dollars for a video card from here
(http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=108&subminorcatid=49)

As for the PVR card I really only know about the PVR-x50 cards so that
is why I will probably go with a pvr-150. Does someone know of
something better/cheaper from here,
"http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=1029"
<http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=1029>?

Suggentions welcome as I want to get moving on this project in the
next few weeks.

Also,
I am from Canada so SD (I don't plan on going digital anytime soon) is
the only real option right now.

Thanks in advance.

/Jason