[mythtv-users] Can't get system to wake up at set time.

Craig Huff huffcs at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 23:23:43 UTC 2007

Henrik,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I take it that you mean the BIOS setting for enabling/disabling the HW alarm clock.  If so, I have tried your suggestion and it didn't work for me.

Note that I had been successful getting the system to wakeup at a set time with the alarm clock enabled in the BIOS if I shutdown using the front-panel soft-power button but not if I let Fedora Core 6 shutdown the system.

I use nvram-wakeup to access /dev/nvram and /dev/rtc instead of using /proc/acpi/alarm because /proc/acpi/alarm is apparently misconfigured somewhere (dsdt? BIOS? FC6?).

If I do:
#      cat /proc/acpi/alarm
I get a bogus return like:
      2007-00-00 00:00:00
even when I first set the alarm in the BIOS (or using nvram-wakeup).

If I set the alarm with:
#      echo "2007-03-17 16:30:45" > /proc/acpi/alarm
I can get the same value back when I "cat" it, but it isn't set in the nvram if I reboot and go into the BIOS to check it.

Craig Huff
huffcs at yahoo.com