[mythtv-users] PC configuration

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Mar 18 13:37:49 UTC 2007

On Mar 18, 2007, at 6:52 AM, Stroller wrote:

> On 17 Mar 2007, at 21:37, Jason wrote:
>>
>> I am from Canada so SD (I don't plan on going digital anytime soon)
>> is the only real option right now.
>
> I don't know anything about Canadian broadcasts, but SD can be
> transmitted digitally. You should be aware of the difference -
> digital does NOT equal hi-def (but typically more channels & more
> convenient for us).
>
> Here in the UK the "brand name" for digital SD is Freeview.

I believe that most, broadcasting in Canada is still NTSC analog (or
"vestigial sideband" AM transmission. There are some digital rigs
that could presumably be received by the same sort of ATSC equipment
as used in the USA. For more complete information:

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/site/smt-gst.nsf/en/sf08546e.html

http://strategis.gc.ca/epic/site/smt-gst.nsf/vwapj/bpr1-e.pdf/$FILE/
bpr1-e.pdf