[mythtv-users] PS3 as FrontEnd

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Mar 18 16:09:33 UTC 2007

On Mar 18, 2007, at 9:51 AM, raphael wrote:

> It's interesting to hear how hot it is. I wonder if that will change
> when they finish switching all cell production to 65nm. How does it
> sound in terms of noise when it's operating full tilt?
> I wonder if that lockup involved overheating or something.
> Raphael

Well the power consumption should drop somewhat with the smaller
transistors, not sure how much. The noise is not too bad, less than
the single-fan Mini-ITX machine next to it with a single 40mm fan.

The lockup was my NFS setup, had nothing to do with the PS3, just
stupidity on my part in exporting an already NFS mounted partition,
thus driving my network over the edge.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org