[mythtv-users] MythArchive problem... no longer works.

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Mar 18 09:37:32 UTC 2007

A JM wrote:
> I'm running SVN 13057 and trying to get Mytharchive to burn a
> recording but it just hangs at "Running mythtranscode --mpeg2 to fix
> any errors" and that's it, it used to work...
>
> Anyone have any thoughts? Here's the log.

<snip log>
> thx,

Is it just this one file or all files? It could be a slightly corrupt
file and mythtranscode is choking on it for some reason.

George has been making some changes to mythtranscode --mpeg2 lately but
I haven't  noticed any problems with his changes so far. If you can get
a small sample file that George can reproduce the problem I'm sure he
will take a look and see if anything can be done to fix it.

The resolution changes mentioned by Brian only apply if you are using a
card that allows you to change the resolution like PVR-x50 cards. It
looks like from your log that you are using a card that is producing a
TS stream so I would guess you are using a DVB/ATSC card of some kind so
don't have a choice but to capture what the broadcaster is sending.

Paul H.