[mythtv-users] No sound nforce2 using SPDIF

Jason Portwood jason at wkrp.com
Mon Mar 19 03:21:56 UTC 2007

Jon wrote:
> Check the output of mythfrontend when you start playback.  Check that
> both IEC958 and IEC958 playback are not muted.  Also if IEC958 has a
> mixer, set it to zero.
I have checked via alsamixer that both IEC958 are not muted.  IEC958
doesn't have a mixer, the playback does and it's not set to zero.  Still
no sound out of Mythfrontend..

Not sure how to check the output of the Mythfrontend.  The volume is at
76 and I have adjusted it during playback.

audio device is set to:  /dev/dsp (I have tried adsp)
pass thru is ALSA:iec958 (AES0 0x02)
no options are checked except for the volume.
mixer is set to: /dev/mixer with PCM selected.

Any other ideas?  I wonder what I'm missing.  I just don't understand
how the system can play sound OK yet Mythfrontend is just quiet.  Why is
that?

Thank you,

Jason