[mythtv-users] Watch TV while listening to music

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 13:31:59 UTC 2007

On 3/19/07, Tim Phipps <mythtv-users at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> On Friday 16 March 2007 8:54 pm, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > ssh in from another computer, run amarok/xmms/etc and start playing
> > music then start the tv program.
> Even simpler, bind an unused remote button to irexec and get a script that
> toggles a player of your choice  on/off. I'm partial to mpd and can use the
> mpc command line program to play/pause. There seems to be a bit of a "when
> all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" attitude around here.
> Don't get me wrong MythTV is fantastic but you don't need a GUI for playing
> music.

No, true, though it is nice to have. I kinda wish there was a way I
could get the remote to work with amarok when its running on that
machine and not send signals to Myth until I quit amarok. Not as much
as I wish someone would fix all the problems with mythmusic...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!