[mythtv-users] Always prescaling theme images on startup

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 14:14:33 UTC 2007

On 3/19/07, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Nope.  Myth /always/ assumes 4:3 themes use a reference size of 800x600
> > and 16:9 themes use a reference size of 1280x720.
>
> My plasma TV has a resolution of 1366x768. Is it better to try to get
> X running with a resolution equal (or close) to that, or go with a
> 1280x720 resolution as that's what MythTV  likes? This is a dedicated
> Myth box and I don't use it for anything else.

For TV, depends on whether you prefer the scaling done by the TV or
the scaling done by Xv. In the future Myth should have better quality
scalers available, but these are still in heavy testing in an SVN
branch. Until then I'll assume the TV has better scaling.

For the menu I'd try both and see which you like more. In the menu the
scaling isn't as much an issue, but the "extra" screen space may be
useful.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!