[mythtv-users] US Gov gives $80 credit towards purchase of HD equipment??

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Mar 19 14:59:50 UTC 2007

On Mar 19, 2007, at 8:51 AM, Craig Partin wrote:

>> $80... what a waste of taxpayer money...
>
> Considering the amount that will be earned by auctioning off the
> unused spectrum, we can probably afford this.  Also, some of the
> frequencies will be used for public safety.  I know some is going to
> E911 functionality

We can afford a lot of things that are not particularly good ideas.

They are spending more $$$ to publicize the "gifts" than to actually
fund them.

Would you rather have affordable health care or a D-to-A TV
converter?, apparently the Congress believes you would prefer they
address the latter issue. Unfortunately they may be correct.