[mythtv-users] Performance issues with new hardware.

Jon jon at sd-6.org
Mon Mar 19 20:23:39 UTC 2007

I have my X res set at 1280x720.  I do not have any other modes in my
xorg.conf.  I will try adding some more.  I've only had it hard lock one
time with the new board and it took many attempts at agressively bringing up
the guide and dismissing it.  It's _hard_ to reproduce now.  I have a friend
with a simmilar board and setup with the same problem however.  I will be
able to do further testing through him.

Does the guide honor the gui resolution or playback resolution?  I don't
have either set explicitly, but I will try forcing both to my native res.

> And what happens if you are already ssh'd into the box? It's really
> weird that you should get that hard a lockup...A lockup of X I can
> understand..., I get that, but in my case, the backend
> continues to run
> and I can ssh in, and kill the frontend and X without affecting the
> recording in progress.

It hard locks, ssh session hangs until it times out or the machine is
rebooted so sshd can tell the client it's been disconnected.