[mythtv-users] US Gov gives $80 credit towards purchase of HD equipment??

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Mar 19 21:10:22 UTC 2007

On Mar 19, 2007, at 11:24 AM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> We have a >50year old Zenith on our back porch.  If I replace a 5u4
> and
> a 12au7, it will work again... for another 2 years.

You can buy solid-state replacements for the 5U4 if you have trouble
finding the actual tube.

Depending on what it's doing in the circuit you may be able to use a
12AX7 in place of the 12AU7, both are dual triodes with the same
basing, the differences are interelectrode capacitances,
transconductance and a few other factors.

I'm surprised the CRT is still good, make sure you adjust the
permanent magnet ion trap properly to ensure continued life.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org