[mythtv-users] The remote control from outer space

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Mar 19 23:21:24 UTC 2007

On Mar 19, 2007, at 5:17 PM, Angus wrote:

>     Do I need lirc for MythTV to work? Is it an essential tool?
> There's
> no model number on the remote whatsoever, but the card it came with
> is a
> KWorld Global Terminator, which is *supposed* to be supported,
> according
> to the documentation I've read.

You do not need lirc for Myth to work. It is used for some remote
control setups, and for some IR blaster setups.

You can use a serial-controlled MyBlaster without needing lirc, and
some remotes function as USB or even PS2 keyboard devices and thus
will work without lirc either.

If you check the archives of this list I'll bet you find almost as
many lirc-related posts as Myth ones :-)