[mythtv-users] External channel change command for Sky box

Graeme McClinton graeme.mcclinton at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 07:50:15 UTC 2007

Now, I have this working partially

I have a Sky box connected to the s-vid on a PVR-250, and I'm using a
USB-UIRT to change the channel on the Sky box.

I'm using this
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Script_-_SKY_channel_changer    script
to change the channel.

When I start watching live tv it only works if the startchan in the db is
set to a nonexistant channel. Which is fair enough I think, as mythtv is
tuning nothing, the tuning is happening in the Sky box.

When I change channel, the USB-UIRT does its thing and successfully changes
channel, and the new channel number is entered into the db. However, this is
where live TV stops.

If I try to restart live TV, it hangs on a black screen for around a minute,
then goes back to the myth home screen.

If I manually go into the database and change the startchan back to a
nonexistant channel then restart the backend, it works again.

Here is what I think is relevant info line from my channels table, one of
the sky channels

chanid 4304
channum 106
freqid 106
sourceid 4
callsign SKYON
name Sky One

I used this http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Sky_frequency_numbers
to determine freqids and channums.

It looks as if myth is getting confused when it sees a real channel from the
db in the startchan, tries to tune it, but there is nothing to do

Where am I going wrong?

--
No, no, you see the rules of language are purely arbitrary stodgy
ivory-tower crap we doesn't have to worried aboard because everytime history