[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun for SDTV?

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 12:19:18 UTC 2007

This is the verizon FIOS service?  I am not 100% certain the FIOS system
uses QAM to transmit the digital channels over coax.

The HDhomerun can record standard definition digital cable (QAM).  But it
can only record unencrypted channels.  It can not record standard definition
analog channels.

If your cable provider leaves their digital channels unencrypted then you
could use the HDhomerun for those and use the pvr-350 just for the analog
channels.  This would reduce the number of scheduling conflicts.  But you
need to first find out if your cable provider encrypts the channels or not.
The is roughly a 95% chance that they are encrypted.