[mythtv-users] Link for Lirc compile problems on newer kernels

mike michaelachandler at cox.net
Tue Mar 20 13:52:01 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 04:40, Dave wrote:
> Hell1
> What a mess :-/
> Try cd /usr/src/linux then:
> Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare'  as root.
> Then make sure those conf files are still there and try compile the
> lirc source package again.
> Good luck man.
> P.S. Did you see that the lirc  conf file problem is fixed in cvs -
> you could just download that and try anew

Yep, that was a mess, alright.
:)
Thanks Dave, I did that , lirc worked for a bit, somehow. It showed output
when doing 'cat /devl/lirc0'. but did nothing with mythtv. I am following the
wiki:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/PVR150_Remote

Now It wont work, when I do "irw"
localhost:/home/mike# irw