[mythtv-users] Playback Lead Time

Peter A. Daly petedaly at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 20:24:23 UTC 2007

I've got a couple of Via ME6000 systems that work great with one exception.

When starting to play a recording or live tv, there is a 15 second or so
black screen while the CPU spikes before playback starts.  Channel changes
are quick and don't have this delay...if that means anything.

Based on my other frontend's, I think this happens on all systems, just that
faster CPU's make this delay not as noticeable.  The ME6000 has a 600Mhz
CPU.

Is there a way to either:
1.  Avoid this wait
2.  Display a "loading..." splash screen or something.

What is it doing during that time?

-Pete