[mythtv-users] 720p on CRT/overscan

Hugh mythtv at piggie.org
Wed Mar 21 02:15:14 UTC 2007

All,

I'm trying to get 720p output to my Sony widescreen CRT. It's working
for the most part, except for the overscan issue. The desktop is a few
dozen pixels larger than the screen on each side. I've tweaked the
mythtv setup so it's close to correct, but I'd there are a few problems.
First, there's a little bit of warping or tilt at the edge of the
screen, so the desktop (a line or two of pixels) might show through on
some mythtv screens. Second, I'd like to be able to run other full
screen programs in X-Windows and those missing pixels would be detrimental.

I've tried tinkering with TVOverscan in xorg.conf and 0/TVOverScan[TV-0]
in .nvidia-settings-rc as well as other options that I can't recall.
Nothing seems to have any effect.

I realize this is somewhat outside the scope of mythtv, but since I'm
sure other mythtv users have had similar issues, there might be a
solution out there.

Thanks in advance,

Hugh