[mythtv-users] Went from 480x480 to 720x480 then no sound

Aran Cox spin667 at mchsi.com
Wed Mar 21 15:39:06 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 11:25:00AM -0400, David Kramer wrote:
> I changed from recording at 480x480 to 720x480 so I didn't have to
> transcode burning to DVD.  DVDArchive went from 2.5-3 hours down to 30
> minutes, but then there was no sound on the DVD (there was in the
> recording on my hard drive).  Does that make any sense?
>
> This is on an Athlon XP 2400+ with a PVR-350, running Fedora Core 6.

In the MythArchive settings, do you have the "Always Encode to AC3"
option set?

Now that you are recording in 720x480 (and I assume using the "Don't
re-encode" encoder profile in mytharchive) it doesn't bother to
re-encode the audio to ac3 unless that option is set.

Re-encoding just the audio is fairly quick, btw.  It will still be
much faster than re-encoding both as you were doing before.