[mythtv-users] New to building computers and MythTV

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 16:44:53 UTC 2007

> I want to have 2 tuners, so I can record and watch at the same time.

This is a bit of a hard one for me. There is a dual tuner card,
Hauppage PVR500 which would be exactly what you want if it was
guaranteed to give you a good picture. The problem is the newer ones
with Samsung tuners are very sensitive to cable signal levels and will
give a poor picture if you do not have an exactly correct signal. Too
little signal and you get snow, too much signal and you get artifacts
on some or all channels. Google for Hauppage Samsung LNA and you
should get a few hits particularly in the ivtv-users forum.

I have two more questions.
Also do you want a small form factor case? Does it need to be silent?

John