[mythtv-users] Composite issues.....

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Mar 21 18:35:00 UTC 2007

> I think ivtctl was been replaced by v4lctl at some point.
>
> doesn't the mythtv-setup input screen label the inputs for you?  I
> don't remember anything difficult about working out which device was
> which when connecting to my VCR.
>
> The PVR350 does have a composite input, it just happens to use the
> same connector as the SVideo, but the right cable takes care of that.
>
> I assuming your Camcorder doesn't have an S-Video output, because that
> would be expected to give better quality that composite.

I connected a DVD player using an SVideo cable and that captured
correctly, color and all. But, I can't switch to that input when
watching LiveTV on the frontend.

*** I created a Video Source called Composite, but I wasn't sure what
needed to be entered.
*** I set the Input selection for /dev/video0 Composite 1 to this Video
Source
*** I created a channel 0 called Composite

Again, I'm not sure I didn't any of it exactly right.

Even when I get this working, I'd really like to have either the
composite on the 250 or 150 also enabled so I don't have to use an
adapter. I may have to join and post to ivtv's list as I can't even get
it to capture directly using ivtvctl.

Are there any updated docs for doing this on 0.20? I found some old
postings, some I was part of, but they don't seem to apply the same way.

Assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,
James