[mythtv-users] New to building computers and MythTV

Jon Sustar digitaldoodler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 18:56:30 UTC 2007

Wow, this user group is impressive!  Keep the suggestions coming if you have
any more!

I like the idea of having a separate backend box, but I'm concerned about
the increase in cost.  I've never used MythTV, so maybe I should just have
it all on one system (in case for some reason I don't like it, which I
doubt), and then, if it's too loud or I need more space, I could expand to
have a backend too?

What all would be involved with having a backend?  How does that connect to
the front end?  Anybody have any specs of their own?

Thanks!