[mythtv-users] Composite issues.....

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 19:40:37 UTC 2007

James Pifer wrote:

> *** I created a Video Source called Composite, but I wasn't sure what
> needed to be entered.
> *** I set the Input selection for /dev/video0 Composite 1 to this Video
> Source
> *** I created a channel 0 called Composite
>
> Again, I'm not sure I didn't any of it exactly right.
>
> Even when I get this working, I'd really like to have either the
> composite on the 250 or 150 also enabled so I don't have to use an
> adapter. I may have to join and post to ivtv's list as I can't even get
> it to capture directly using ivtvctl.
>
> Are there any updated docs for doing this on 0.20? I found some old
> postings, some I was part of, but they don't seem to apply the same way.
>
> Assistance is appreciated.

I don't know if I can help you. I'm only in the middle of doing this, as
I only have video working. I have a PVR250. What I did in mythtv-setup was:

1. create another PVR250 Capture Card with input at: Default Input
Composite 3 (1 and 2 didn't work). Now I have two for the PVR 250 One
with input of Tuner the other with Composite Input 3
2. create a new Video Source: Composite In
3. Under Input Sources, choose the new card (you created above) and
select the Composite input (mine was Composite 3). I called it
CompositeIn. Select the Video Source that you created in #2
4. Seemed I had to create a channel so that MythTV would tune to the
channel. So, in Channel Editor, create a new channel. I called it
Composite In and chose the Video Source as Composite In.

I don't see why you need to do #3.

Now, when you go to watch live tv, you should be able to toggle through
each input by pressing "Y" on the keyboard. "Composite In" should show up.